Board Election 2026
Four candidates running for three seats on the board.
Documents addressing current issues are
presented here
***********
Justina Lukosiunaite
(excluding dues, teaching, monitoring, or attending board meetings)
Over the past 12 months, I have led the Finance Committee (consisting of both board directors and select members with seasoned finance experience) in selecting an institutional financial advisor and appropriate asset allocation for the Palettes endowment and building accounts.
If you are an incumbent, in what area of policy have you been most proactive? What has been your biggest contribution to board meetings?
N/A
As a board member over the next term, what contributions will you make ?
Continue the Finance Committee activities. My other priority will be to advocate for a junior board, a structure to recognize, organize and lobby for the younger members.
Name ONE area of growth the Palette should now prioritize? (Membership, classes, exhibitions, community outreach, online interaction, finances, facility) ???
The number of classes and community outreach. Classes and workshops are truly a hidden gem for anyone looking to advance as an artist. I believe not enough people know about it.
What current problems need to be addressed?
Building, primarily making the building (especially 3rd floor) more accessible as well as an air filtration system.
Who would you identify as the most exemplary living artist?
Mary Qian - I really respect her for her work ethic and how humble she is despite being such an accomplished painter. She is very generous with her time and knowledge, and most helpful if you ever ask for help. Also, a friend to the environment. I think she sets a great example on how to be a great member of a community, which to me is what the Palatte is about.
****************
ADDISON YU
I've introduced and welcomed new artists and members to the Palette, encouraged them to join open studios, enroll in classes, become members, and showed them around the studios.
If you are an incumbent, in what area of policy have you been most proactive? What has been your biggest contribution to board meetings?
I've been involved in lighting, website redesign, and other education related areas
As a board member over the next term, what contributions will you make ? I'll try to continue to bring in artists, students, and other people outside the P&C with exhibitions and other events. Name ONE area of growth the Palette should now prioritize? (Membership, classes, exhibitions, community outreach, online interaction, finances, facility) ???
Outreach to the wider community and younger members and artists.
What current problems need to be addressed?
Collaborating and and other organizations and artists/students, interfacing with regular studio members more easily
Who would you identify as the most exemplary living artist?
Who would you identify as the most exemplary living artist?
No singular artist
**********************
MARY QIAN
I have been a long time member and have been monitoring the Monday, Tuesday and Saturday open studio sessions. Helping new members and open studio attendees from time to time, and helping with some classes on a volunteer basis.
If you are an incumbent, in what area of policy have you been most proactive? What has been your biggest contribution to board meetings?
I am very interested in developing at the Palette a more professional environment and bringing more opportunities for artistic growth for all members Since I am involved with various art organizations outside the Palette (such as the Oil Painters of America, the American Impressionist Society, and the Portrait Society), I have been trying to introduce them to our members and to introduce the Palette and its mission to the outside art world. I have been very involved with with Nancy Guzik in planning for the upcoming Richard Schmid events in October.
As a board member over the next term, what contributions will you make ?
I would like to continue bringing more opportunities for learning and exhibiting for all members, and make them more diverse.
Name ONE area of growth the Palette should now prioritize? (Membership, classes, exhibitions, community outreach, online interaction, finances, facility) ???
Community outreach.
What current problems need to be addressed?
I have been a long time open studio attendee. It is something I absolutely love. It is what has made Palette one of the most unique places in the world. But I would like to create a more diverse and concentrated environment for artistic advancement.
Who would you identify as the most exemplary living artist?
So many, I cannot just name one---Antonio Lopez Garcia, Steven Assael. Ann Gale.

Comments
Post a Comment